The Value of a Reseller
When starting your search, you’ll find different options for purchasing asset tracking systems, including 1) directly from an asset tracking software developer/ manufacturer; and 2) working through a Value Added Reseller (VAR).
While working directly with a manufacturer means that you’ll be getting information about a solution straight from its maker, you also have to consider that their goal, ultimately, is to sell you their specific product. In the name of due diligence, you’ll need to reach out to manufacturers of several different systems, and the burden of sorting through each one’s marketing messages and feature sets will rest on you.
VARs, on the other hand, typically cultivate relationships with multiple manufacturers in a particular area of technology so you don’t have to. They focus on developing expertise in order to provide appropriate product offerings to a range of different types of customers. A VAR’s job is to ensure that you get the best asset tracking system for your needs.
Believe it or not, we commonly hear of companies spending time and money on asset tracking systems that they never end up using. Working with an experienced, reputable VAR can help shorten the research phase of shopping for an asset tracking system, and can increase the likelihood that you’ll end up with a solution that actually fits with the way your business operates. VARs can offer their customers several benefits, including:
VARs can offer their customers several benefits, including:
- Access to a full range of products, which helps them know what options will fit your needs across a variety of criteria.
- Expertise, based on the time they’ve taken to carefully and objectively test and select the best products on the market.
- Aggressive pricing.
- Insight and expertise to pair their understanding of business with their mastery of technology.
- Assistance in discovering built-in features and benefits that you might not even have been looking for.
- Continued support and guidance throughout the system’s lifecycle.
Ultimately, an experienced VAR can do more than provide simple answers to your questions – they have perceptivity about what you may not know, can anticipate your next questions, and help you feel fully confident in your asset tracking system purchase decision.